Buddy Dog is back!
We are excited to announce Buddy Dog is reopening with dogs and cats for adoption! First, we would like to thank everyone who has and continues to support, donate, and adopt dogs and cats from our shelter. Your support helps us continue to do the important work of caring for and finding families for displaced pets. It has been a difficult time for everyone and we are looking forward to getting back to the work we love! In compliance with the state orders and for the safety of all concerned our policies and procedures will be much different for the foreseeable future. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding while we refine our new process.
1. Unfortunately, we can no longer have walk-in visitors. All visits must be scheduled by APPOINTMENT only. We will miss our friends who stop by to donate, hand out treats to the pets and enjoy time with the animals (and staff too), but we hope you will continue to follow us here on our website and Facebook page!
2. All dogs and cats will be posted on our website and Facebook page. If you are interested in adopting a particular pet the first step is to complete an online ADOPTION application (click HERE). There is also an INQUIRY application if you have not quite made a decision and would like us to keep an eye out for a good match for you. As you can imagine we receive many applications and inquiries. If you do not hear from us please do not be offended; it simply means either the dog or cat has been adopted or we have not received the right pet for you. The application process is at no charge to you and only needs to be completed once. Applications will be kept on file.
3. Applications will be reviewed as received. If in our opinion a pet is a good candidate for you, an adoption counselor will contact you by phone or email to schedule a zoom chat. If all are in agreement the pet has the potential to be a good match an introduction will be scheduled. We will try to accommodate your schedule so all family members can be present however most appointments will be scheduled Tues- Sun between 10 - 4.
4. The individual details of the meeting process will be discussed when the appointment is scheduled.
5. If you have any questions, concerns, or need additional information on adopting or surrendering a pet we can be reached by email at and all emails will receive a response. We can also be reached by messenger on Facebook or by telephone at 978 443-6990. We will have limited staff so if we do not answer your phone call please leave a voicemail and your call will be returned ASAP.
In the process of adjusting to a new normal; our goal and intent are to continue to provide the dogs and cats at Buddy Dog with quality care and continue the connection with our community that we value so much. We wish the world well and please stay safe!
Show a loved one you care with an eCard! For any donation of your choice, select from multiple cards all featuring Buddy Dog "alumni", include a custom personal message, and Buddy Dog will take care of the rest! Your donation will go directly to the needy dogs and cats in Buddy Dog's care, and will add special loving meaning to your message.
Please help support our shelter dogs & cats during this critical time. They depend on all of us.
Thank you to all our volunteers and donors who made our art fundraiser an amazing success!
Enjoy scrolling through all the beautiful art below, we appreciate everyone's hard work, and we had so much fun!
If you are interested in learning about other ways to help Buddy Dog, check out our Giving Grid